We at Roger’s Center for Dentistry in Spanish Fork have experienced and trusted dentists specializing in dental implants. If you find yourself in need of a dental implant you might want to take some time to read through the common facts we have gathered about dental implants.
- Dental implants are the only option available that look and feel like real teeth.
- Made of titanium, dental implants actually replace the root of the lost tooth, which serves as an anchor for the replaced one.
- Implants can’t get cavities, but you should still practice good oral health for the protection of your remaining teeth.
- Dental implants preserve the bone health of the dental structure and help in its growth due to its stability.
- Receiving a dental implant can take several appointments/sessions
- Following the advice of your dentist at Roger’s Center for Dentistry in Spanish Fork will ensure proper healing after the procedure.
- After receiving your implant you may experience crampy tenderness in the gums and it will remain for 2-6 days after the surgery as the gums and dental structure get used to the foreign body.
- Maintaining proper and regular oral hygiene is necessary for implant patients. Your dentist will advise you to rinse your mouth every 4-6 hours with salt water for the next two weeks after the completion of your dental implant surgery.
- Receiving regular check-ups from your dental implant specialist will ensure the quality of your implants and overall oral health.
Dental implants are the most stable and secure form of tooth replacement. If you have additional questions about the dental implants or the surgery process, make sure you make an appointment with your dentist at Roger’s Center for Dentistry in Spanish Fork. We can provide you with a variety of options specifically tailored to your dental needs.